Salsa

Salsa

Friday, May 21, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

It was now time to put it all together to see what we've accomplished. After many hard workouts and long drives to Long Beach, we still felt we needed more time. We decided to rehearse on our own closer to home. I pulled some strings and I was able to borrow the mirror room at the Walnut Gymnasium (http://www.ci.walnut.ca.us/general.asp?id=157).

At work, we've heard that couples were dropping like flies. Some got injured in rehearsals, while others quit on their partners. We were down to six dancing couples. We started to panic! We found out who were still in and we knew we had no chance. My partner then decides that we both needed a message. So we made plans to go to a spa (http://www.spashangri-la.com/) in Chino Hills. Except I wasn't able to go along so I convinced him to take his girlfriend. She loved it!!

One week before the big event, we finally decide to have a dress rehearsal. He wore a black shirt and pants, his shinny shoes and a black hat. He looked like a 'mafioso' (lol). I wore a red dress and shinny shoes, no hat. I looked alright I guess. I couldn't afford those beautiful fancy dresses, but this one was fancy enough for me.

Here's a sneak peak!!